You are eligible to participate, as long as you team up with another student from your university studying Engineering (all areas), Architecture, Building and Construction Management, or Chemistry. Check the complete guidelines for more information.
You are mostly welcome to participate, however since you are not directly connected to the schools of engineering (all areas), architecture, building and construction management, or chemistry, you must partner with a student from either of these schools in order to be eligible.
Award winners get the following cash prizes:
First Prize $43,000*: $20,000 to the student (s), $13,000 to the advising professor, and $10,000 to the university
Second Prize $16,000*: $7,000 to the student (s), $5,000 to the advising professor, and $4,000 to the university
Third Prize $11,000*: $5,000 to the student (s), $3,500 to the advising professor, and $2,500 to the university
For example, if a group of 3 students wins 1st place, they prize of $20,000 will be divided among them
P.S: Winners are not required to give us any kind of feedback on the usage of the cash prizes.
In addition to the Entry, the following documents must be uploaded to the system in a single PDF file:
• Copy of each Participant’s valid, University-issued student ID;
• Proof of each Participant’s current enrollment from his/her respective
• University’s Office of the Registrar (e.g. official class schedule);
• Signed Participant Certification
• Signed Advising Professor Certification
All documents must be submitted prior to the end of the Award Period.
Individual Participants and Participant Groups may be disqualified due to, but not limited to, the following:
1) They do not have the proper number and/or mix of students; or
2) They do not have an Advising Professor from the University’s School of Engineering (all areas), Architecture, Building and Construction Management, or Chemistry; or
3) Their submission is late; or
4) They have not provided all the necessary documentation; or
5) The Entry is submitted without proper formatting as required herein; or
6) Their submission includes content or imagery that can identify the university, authors, and/or any other person(s), whether related to the project or not; or
7) They made or have attempted to make contact with Judges before or during the evaluation process.